Quality all round from our golf professionals and the Pro Shop.
Our resident Society Professional, Steven Brian, has one priority at The Royal Burgess Golfing Society: to make the ‘The Royal Burgess Experience’ on the course a truly exceptional one.
Offering expert tuition as well as other helpful services such as equipment hire and repair, Steven’s team is based at the Professional’s Shop – a fully stocked hub of activity. Laden with all the latest golfing ‘must haves’, the shop sells all the leading golf brands, as well as a great selection of Society branded merchandise, and the professionals are always on hand to provide advice and talk you through all the available options
Golf Team – Meet the Golf Team
Let our Golf Team help you get to the top of your game with a one-to-one coaching session or simply some advice on clubs. You can find them in the Pro Shop or on 0131 339 6474.
Steven Brian, Society Professional
Steven was appointed Society Professional in 2002, after nine years as the Assistant. He has built up a reputation as a talented coach, starting at club level, then county, and finally to international coaching.
Leigh W Lawson, Trainee Assistant Professional
Leigh joined the Society in March 2018. He previously spent a number of competitive years playing as an amateur, including one year spent in West Virgina, USA, playing for the Davis and Elkins College. He recently enrolled in the PGA Diploma course at The University of the Highlands & Islands, and looks forward to getting started in September.
Adam Stott, Trainee Assistant Professional
In 2015 I moved out to Orlando, Florida to play college golf for Webber International University. I was a Top 5 team player for my two years which gave me the luxury of travelling and playing across America. I then turned Pro in November 2017 and underwent my PGA training course at Ladybank GC which I completed in 2020. In the last three years I have competed in various Tartan Tour/ PGA events in the UK and I am thoroughly looking forward to representing The Royal Burgess Golfing Society in future events.’
Adam is a fine fit for us here in the Proshop in 2021
Clothing & Equipment Brands
- The shop stocks both Footjoy and Under Armour clothing, each highly regarded in the golfing world.
- Our woollen wear is provided by the bespoke Peter Scott of Scotland.
- The Royal Burgess is one of only four Titleist Scotty Cameron putter fit centres in Scotland.
- We are also a Titleist Vokey wedge fit centre and we stock all the other major brands including Ping, Callaway and Taylor Made. When this superb selection is combined with the use of our launch monitor we really can find the perfect club to fit any golfer’s needs.
Society Crested memorabilia
- We stock a large selection of crested merchandise including holdalls, shoe bags, golf balls and much more. These make perfect mementos of your visit to The Royal Burgess Golfing Society of Edinburgh and are also excellent gifts for Members and friends.
You can hire pretty much everything you need (except the perfect swing!). The shop offers a number of practical services including hire sets, buggy hire, power trolleys, repairs to clubs and so on.
- We have the current Titleist, Ping and Callaway hire sets for you to choose from; each set comes with a complementary push trolley. Cost per round:- £30
Trolley & Buggy Hire
- Push Trolleys Cost per round:- £5
- GPS Golf Carts Cost per round:- £30